Sunday, July 18, 2010

Scooter Guinn


What's it like to go by Scooter? I don't know. You sound like a little kid. That's how I act. You feel like you're regressing? Extending adolescence...Let's try this again and try not to sound contrived and rehearsed. Ok. So let's take this conversation in a totally different direction and let people wonder about the real interview that wasn't actually recorded. Fair enough. You're from Indiana? Lafayette. Why are people in the Midwest ending up in Hollywood and getting famous? Are you guys in like some no-man's land dreaming of something bigger? It's really not that. It's just having the balls to go out and do something. Anyone could come out and do whatever. Do you think that's important, to be afraid of something and do it anyway? What else are you going to do in your life? What are you afraid of? I have to think about it...nothing. Were you afraid of performing at first when you first started? Um, yeah just wondering how it was going to go. I mean I have all the same questions anyone has. You think that's why you scream in people's faces? Well..I have a couple beers before I go on and I just chill out, smoke a cigarette. And when it's time to play, it's time to play. You just go through it and try not to seem too premeditated I guess. I just do it. Some nights it's really great. Some nights it's really bad. That's just the way it is. What do you think of the Baby Huey comment? Oh that's fine. Do you like it? Yeah. It's fun. Is stage presence important to you. Yeah I think a little bit. It just depends on how you come across. I mean I don't know how I really look. I see pictures of myself that look terrible. But whatever. Maybe if I wear a nice white fuckin denim jacket with cut off sleeves it would be cool. But I don't have one. I didn't bring a jacket on this tour. If I design that jacket for you will you wear it? XXL. Yeah I would. You guys are fun. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment