Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Candy Depew


So...you are the self-proclaimed female version of Benjamin Franklin. No. Why do you say this, Candy? Because I have a very busy evening lifestyle. No, there's more to it than that. Ben Franklin was a notoriously savvy guy. That's why he did so much business. Because he made friends with everybody. How are you savvy? I make friends with everybody. What kind of work do you do? I don't know anymore. Are you a designer? Are you an artist? Originally, I was a sculptor...until recently. Now, I'm not quite sure. I'm reinventing. I would say I'm a cultural entrepreneur. And you're in the process of transforming now? Just like, over there, at the autoparts store. Girard Autoparts now can buy gold. So the autoparts guys are also entrepreneurs. And you identify with that? Yeah, in a way...I don't know why autoparts guys are buying gold. So, are you always changing? I am exactly the same person. I have to change in order to--I don't even change. I'm exactly the same. Others tend to change to accept me. See what I mean? I can apply to everything but--I can apply, or everything can apply to me. I don't necessarily apply to everything. It's like that Bernard Shaw quote. Progress depends on the unreasonable man. Free your mind and your ass will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment